Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Spouse Taxi Ride...aka...THE COOLEST THING EVER

Today, I got to ride in the F-16 with Travis. SOOOOOO COOL! I know there are a lot of pics posted below, but I just thought it was the coolest thing ever. I was able to do ALL the radio calls and everything. Of course, I had no clue what I was saying....I just repeated whatever Trav told me to say! Still...very awesome! The pics are a little out of order because I have a problem with the upload feature. There are some great perks being married to a fighter pilot!!!!
In the jet preparing for takeoff...this is right before we shut the canopy and starting moving! Exciting and nerve racking all at the same time!
My taxi driver...Travis!!! What an awesome experience with my husband!
Madison could care less where I'm at...out of sight...out of mind...she was way too busy playing with her great pal, Garrett!
Sharing toys!
In the training cockpit learning what buttons NOT to push and which ones I need to use...OXYGEN....please!
Madison wants to ride too!
Don't we look so cool!
Matching husband and wife outfits...very becoming don't you think??? Suiting up for the big ride. I'm getting a little nervous at this point!!!
Getting ready to step in the jet...yes, I'm very nervous at this point!! SO COOL!

Becky and me during our egress training. So many straps, so many buttons, so many things to remember....we thought this ride was supposed to be relaxing!!!
Madison asked her dad if she could do a little egress training too. Already wanting to fly....boy are we going to have our hands full or what!!!
She looks like a natural don't you think???
Madison loving on mommy during the training
Learning how to put on the harness...and taking it off quickly in case of an emergency!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

jenn
i like the look of the flight suit on you - maybe we could market it as the new "must have" fashion - i think "In Style" magazine needs to see this!

steph

p.s. i miss my niece!

Kara Clayton said...

Hey Jen,

Long time!! Glad to find you and the family online. Kara and I just started a family blog on here. It's at:

http://theclaytonfamilycircus.blogspot.com

Drop by and say hello...talk to you soon!!

chris clayton

Anonymous said...

That is sooooooo cool! I would have been scared to death though!! Can he take up anyone or just family?