Sunday, December 07, 2008

Home for the Holidays

Daddy should wear the antlers not Madison...they just don't go with her outfit and besides, it is MUCH more entertaining for Daddy to wear them. She kept giggling when she'd put them on him.
Notice the cowgirl boots....we were given these awesome boots when she was born by Vicki and Randy and because her feet are soooo little...they fianlly fit. They are her new favorite pair. She's somewhat of a shoe diva and can be a little monster when dressing. She will say "no" "no" "no" to every pair you pull out. Of course, when you pull out the boots she smiles ear to ear and says "YES". Doesn't matter what colors or style of clothing she is wearing. I've just decided some battles are not worth fighting!


Surprise! Someone did NOT like Santa. She was terrified, and being the great mother I am...I told them to leave her on his lap and take pictures because it's classic to have a photo of a screaming child on Santa!!!! Poor little thing, Pop hope things get better before Santa's visit next week.

Our neighborhood had their annual Home for the Holidays party last night. We headed over after church. WOW! They had Santa, food including sweet and sour chicken-meatballs-chicken strips-desserts of all kind-hot chocolate--ok, I am pregnant and the food was good!, crafts for the kids--they could make ornaments-reindeer ears,-picture frames, decorate cookies, live music and entertainment, sleigh rides with Mrs. Claus and they even had SNOW...in Arizona!!!!! Madison had an absolute blast! You were welcomed at the club by real carolers dressed in full Christmas attire. Of course going straight from church, we forgot our camera, however, we ran into our friends who had one and they got some great pics of Madison in line waiting to see Santa and then her reaction to actually visiting with Santa. We didn't take her last year to see him because the wait was almost three hours and she was so little it wasn't worth it!

4 comments:

Karisa said...

I just showed Annika all the pictures of Madison - I think she remembers her friend! ;-) We haven't brought Annika to see Santa yet - I'm curious how it will go! We miss you guys too - I think it was a year ago today that we last saw you! *tear* Miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

She looks so grown up. I love the pictures with Santa. :)

debbie said...

Hey Jen,

Maybe its the reindeer ornament on her head that she did not like!!!! ha ha

Love,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Okay, it must be with little girls name Madison because my Madison did the same thing this last weekend. They are such cute pics of her with Santa.