Monday, February 18, 2008
Our Back Yard...Any Visitors???
We took a family trip two hours north to Flagstaff this weekend. They had a LOT of snow. Travis and I had the itch to go skiing...but, Madison is still just a little small to join in on that fun. You can see all the snow next to Trav's truck.

Such a pretty scene with the snow caught in all the branches.
At Fort Tuthill, Madison and Mommy got ready for the days adventures.
Packing for our trip, Madison is ready to go!




Playing in the snow....somebody LOVES the snow!
We went to the Sunset Crater Volcanoes right outside of Flagstaff. It was really pretty to see all the snow covering the lava rocks.
Travis touching the hot lava rocks!
Madison found the kleenex box....you can see from the picture how that went.
Sledding.....the kids definitely flew down the mountain faster than we did, but I caught a lot of air and lost my sled! HYSTERICAL! I definitely was the loudest going down the mountain (I know hard to imagine)....but, I was a little nervous when my sled started going down backwards and I couldn't see where I was going.
The boys (Steve and Travis) with the kiddos (Garrett and Madison) before heading out to sled!
WOW! The terrain in Arizona is amazing. You can go from straight desert with cactus and flat land...to a two hour drive north into pine trees, mountains with snow....and a thirty minute drive north of that into canyons....this is the view of the mountains in Flagstaff from the indian ruins.
Madison playing with the walls at the indian ruins we visited...Wupatki Indian Ruins.
This door is made just for Madison's size!
Sightseeing together...Madison was asleep while we looked at the volcanoes...she woke up for the Indian ruins!
Walking up to see the ruins....daddy is loving his time with his little girl.
5 comments:
Photos are great! Wish we could have come on this trip with you guys.
See you soon.
Love,
Gram
SNOW!!! We miss it so much! Love the pictures as always. It looks like a great place to visit.
We drove through Beaumont on Sunday night, so of course I thought of you guys!
Love, Karisa
Amazing pictures
Looks like y'all had a great time. Madison looks adorable all bundled up!
Looks like a fun trip. The scenery there really is beautiful. I love Madison's hat and mittens!
Post a Comment